New Hosting Plan for 2016
WE’RE CHANGING OUR HOSTING PACKAGE! This will effect you!
Beginning January 1st, 2016, our hosting will change…but this shouldn’t scare you! We’re excited to announce that your website and services will be managed even more securely. What’s more is that your version of WordPress and all of your modules will also be updated for you. You never have to worry about any of this!
- Technology continues to grow at a rapid pace. WordPress has had more than 3 major release updates in the last few months that addressed potential vulnerabilities as well as new technologies.
- Sites and prototypes that I’ve developed endured countless module updates only days after they’ve been developed.
- Potential threats and hacks are constantly increasing.
SO HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST?
I’ll get to that in just a moment. You will still have your database and all of your images and files backed up to three off-site locations to secure your data. Server patches and upgrades will continue as always. On top of that you will have:
- Your content served on a CDN (Content Delivery Network) which will also provide an additional layer of security.
- Several additional security apps put into place on the website level.
- WordPress will be monitored and updated with new releases to keep current.
- All of your plugins/modules will be updated when a new version is available.
Per website the new pricing will be $25 per month. You can still pay monthly, quarterly, bi-annually or annually. You can pay through an automated billing service online that we will provide or through monthly invoicing by check as we’ve done for many years.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DO NOT ROLL OVER TO THE NEW HOSTING PLAN?
You may continue with the legacy plan for the current price you are paying, however we will relocate your website to the legacy server. This means, like Godaddy, One And One, BlueHost and all of the DIY hosting companies, you will simply manage every aspect of the website on your own. We will turn on the features that will allow you to update plugins and WordPress or add security modules without our help. There is a learning curve and when you manage systems on your own, you really need to know the repercussions of mistakes.
For the DIY person, the following link will help you and guide you on the things we’ve been managing for you:
Should you opt to stay with the Legacy Hosting Plan, please know that WebAuthorings will be here to help when things go wrong, however you’d be looking at an hourly charge of $95 to update or fix things.
WHAT’S HAPPENING NOW?
Our goal is to have all of our client’s websites rebuilt and migrated to the new servers by the end of November. We have started making calls or emailing our clients to grab your Registrar credentials (Godaddy, Network Solutions, etc.) so we can move you effortlessly. Please have your information readily available for when we reach out to you.
The reasons we go through this type of effort are quite simple, quality and reliability. Sadly, to keep up with major developmental changes it costs us time and money. We have always absorbed all the costs that have kept hosting with us affordable and reliable. At this point, with so many changes taking place in the world of online computing it was time for us to expand and grow or stagnate and die. We liked the first choice best.
Call me with any questions.