Setting up Outlook Express to use a third party POP3 server and the Comcast SMTP server
If you are trying to send email and you have your own domain or, if you are using a different incoming mail server, you will get an error. In order to send email you will need to get authentication for hte outgoing mail server and, you must set the settings for username and password to your comcast.net email account. To set up Outlook Express to use a third party POP3 server and the Comcast SMTP server, follow the instructions below:
- On the General tab, type a name for this email account in the Mail Account field. Enter a name in the Name field and enter your email address in the Email Address field.
- On the Servers tab, enter your domain’s incoming POP3 server. In the Outgoing Mail (SMTP), enter: smtp.comcast.net. Enter your username in the Account Name field and type in your password.
- Place a check next to My server requires authentication and then click Settings.
- Select Log on using, then enter your username and password and click OK.
- Click Apply and then click OK.