Shared Virtual Hosting
Shared hosting offers the same professional quality as dedicated hosting, however you do not have FTP access as everything can be uploaded through interfaces to the web solutions we provide.
You are NOT shared with 2000-4000 other clients like many of the larger hosting companies do. Our cloud servers run quick and clean!
Dedicated Virtual Hosting
Hosting on the WebAuthorings’ Cloud offers an array of services.
- Managed Hosting – You never have to worry about maintaining the environment that allows your business to thrive online. Your focus should be on product outreach and CRM. Our managed hosting plan allows this. Upgrades, security, patches, and monitoring are our concerns, not yours!
- Our dedicated virtual machines are fast and reliable and most importantly, they are managed by humans. The human element adds a multitude of customer oriented tasks that assure security, performance and maintenance. Our servers are monitored around the clock for spam attacks and hacks. All of your data is backed up to 2 off-site locations on a daily basis.
- In addition to all the standard features offered by modern hosting companies we add a large number of extra features that typically you will not find at Bluehost and/or Liquid Web, Rackspace, etc., without paying a lot more, if ever.
- 24×7 Monitoring – every 5 minutes we check the following conditions on each of our servers:
- Check Alerts
- Check Disk 1
- Check Email QueueCheck Firewall
- Check Linux Packages (daily)
- Check Load
- Check Master (hourly)
- Check Swap
- Check Time
- Check Total Processes
- Check Uptime (daily)
- Check Zombie Processes
- Current Users
- HTTP (for every site on the server, not just the IP address)
- Network Connections
- If there are issues we will get an alert and typically fix things before you even know there is a problem.
- We provide two layers of firewall (one static and one dynamic) with very strict settings. In fact we go out of our way to make it difficult to get onto the servers, which sometimes causes issues. But at WebAuthorings security always comes first. Years ago we were using Go Daddy for hosting and we had one incident where a hacker broke in. No damage or data was lost, but it was not a good experience, so ever since then we have really become acutely aware of the need for strict security.
- We deploy various custom brute force detection mechanisms which scan for external robots and crawlers and block them automatically as soon as they try to do anything suspicious. Every single server on the internet is inundated with spam and robot attacks and by default all Linux boxes are amazingly open. We ban 100’s of IP addresses every month because we don’t like hackers wasting our time, processing power, or bandwidth. We lock down many ports that are often left open (e.g. SSH and FTP), because these days the internet is not a friendly place and the bad guys are always trying to get in 24×7. You’d be shocked at how many robots try to break-in every 24 hours to every server on the web.
- Once a month we perform all necessary Linux package updates such that you are always running on servers with the most recent patches. Once a month we also reboot the servers to fix any core-leaks and other issues that sometimes crop up with long running servers.
- Bottom line with WebAuthorings you don’t just get hosting, but a full managed service solution letting you focus 100% on your website.
Dedicated Virtual Server w/ Managed Hosting Several different levels of service are available. Upgrades can easily be made when your business warrants different needs as you grow. Sometimes, we’ll advise you that an upgrade may be worth thinking about if we see things are not running quite the way they should.
Our matrix grid below will show you several different plans. If you compare our managed hosting plans with any other managed hosting plans, you will see that WebAuthorings should look quite good.
*Secure FTP along with a static IP address is required for FTP access. Tunnel access is available for those without a static IP address.